1. Why does my video start and stop (buffer) during playback?
2. The video seems small, can I make it bigger or full screen?
3. You’ve asked me to clear the cache. How do I do that?
4. What browser can I use to watch these sessions?
5. Why does the quality of my video keep changing during playback?
6. What does “Auto” mean in the quality menu?
7. Can I just talk with someone for help?
If you’re experiencing excessive buffering during playback, it’s probably because your Internet connection cannot support continuous playback of the selected video quality. Switch to “Auto” in the quality menu if available. This will allow the player to select the best quality video file to stream. If “Auto” is not available, switch to one of the lower quality options (see picture below).
You may also want to try one of the following:
• Close extra browser tabs, windows, or applications. They may be using up bandwidth.
• Make sure you’re using the latest version of your browser.
• Clear the cache on your browser.
Simple fix—click on the full screen button icon in the bottom right of the video player (see picture below).
To clear the cache in your browser hold down the shift button and reload the page. This method resets the information about the page that’s stored in your browser.
We support Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera, and Internet Explorer. Whichever browser you prefer, please use the most up-to-date version available to ensure that everything on the site works smoothly — like butter! You can update your browser(s) here:
Our player can intelligently detect the particulars of your playback environment (Internet speed, graphics processing, etc.), and will stream the best quality video file based on this information. If your video is changing quality, it means your connection is fluctuating during the course of playback. Previously, this would have resulted in buffering delays.
If you’d like to lock-in a particular quality, you can select one from the quality menu in the lower right-hand corner of the player.
Please note that you’ll likely experience buffering delays and reduced performance when forcing a higher quality. To switch back to adaptive streaming, select “Auto” in the quality menu (see picture below).
When you have “Auto” selected in the quality menu (see picture above), our player will intelligently select the best quality for your particular network connection. This means you’ll avoid buffering delays and enjoy an uninterrupted viewing experience.
Sure thing! Email Bryan Kelly at bryan [at] prairiemod.com and he’ll try to respond within 1-2 hours. Or call Bryan at 630.938.4722.